Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Questions for Kaylee

I was thinking tonight about just how little we know about Kaylee.  We have seen her adorable pictures and read a brief description from her orphanage, but we still don't know much.  I'm not thinking about the big things here---her health, her upbringing, the baggage that inevitably comes along with living in an orphanage for five years.  I'm thinking of the little things, the small details that bring a person to life.  I have a lot of questions about her and for her.  How weird is it to "have" a daughter and know so little about her?  So, I'm starting to document my questions tonight so I don't forget to learn all of these things about her one day.

*What do you like to eat?  What do you think is gross?  (Maybe she will somehow miraculously have my genes and love blended fruit but despise fruit in any other form.)
*Do you like sports?  (Praying for this one to be yes!)
*What's your favorite color?  (Hopefully it is purple and gold because she will be wearing a lot of it.)
*Have you ever had a pet?  (I have read that sometimes Russian children are scared of dogs because they roam openly in that country and are considered to be almost like rats...but can she really take one look at Annabelle's sweet face and not love her?)
*Have you ever been to a movie?  (I have a feeling she will love the 49er!)
*Are you scared of anything? (It makes me really sad to know that I can do nothing to protect her right now...can't wait to keep her safe)
*What do you want to be when you grow up?  (Maybe I am ridiculous or naive, but is this a question that five year old orphans think about?)
*Has anyone ever told you about Jesus? (The most important question I will ever ask her.)

There are so many more things I want to ask her, but tonight I start my list with those eight.  I can't wait to meet her and get to know her.  It is such a weird feeling to miss someone you've never met, but I'm feeling it.

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet post! Jason and I enjoyed meeting you guys at Gateway Woods. I'll be praying for you as you journey to bring home your precious daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We really enjoyed meeting you as well!

    ReplyDelete