Sunday, August 21, 2011

Items for SALE!!!

We have a number of items for SALE that people have donated to us!
As we were reminded in church today again that God calls us to GO TO the helpless, homeless, poor and broken....we are more and more thrilled that God is using us to help a sweet little orphan girl.  Will our way always be easy? No.  Will it always be wonderful and exciting? No.  We know this and expect it. We are to be 'uncomfortable'.  It is not always easy or comfortable to go out of our comfort zones and raise money. It is not always easy going out of our comfort zone to open our home up to another family member (haven't we been through enough changes?!)  We DO know that God has called us. We DO know that God HAS OUR BACK (Is. 58).  We know that He will be there for us and that we are resting in Him for this journey.  We DO know that living for God and living AS the church is going to stretch us and change us.  We also know that it is going to take us right where we never expected to go.

You see years ago when I began to have a heart for the orphans and to adopt, I said I would never adopt over the infant age.  Well, you see, when you say 'never'..God says..ah ha! This is where they need to trust me and just maybe.....:)  I am looking forward to parenting this little one with my husband.  You see I am not sure what it is like to have an earthly, godly husband by my side taking the lead and being supportive.  The more I explore the grief and loss that orphans have in their lives, I am seeing my own self at times and my children.  Being a single mom ('widow') for a number of years and 'orphans' of my own has shown me what 'loss' feels like.  I also know that my own children ache with some of that heartache as well.  BUT I ALSO KNOW that God says many times in his word...'so they will know that I am the Lord'.   I also know that I KNOW my Lord in ways I never would have otherwise.  I KNOW that He is trusthworthy.  I KNOW  that He is Father to the fatherless.  I KNOW that He provides for His children . I KNOW that my Joy is found in Him.  I also KNOW that Kaylee's JOY is found in Him too and I look forward to holding her in my arms and telling her about my Father.  :)

Please consider purchasing any of the items listed on Kaylee's Hope Etsy Shop- Click Here! :)  We have had so much fun making some of these items ourselves and we are so grateful to have some people DONATE handmade items to sell!! :)  Thanks so much everyone for helping out!

No comments:

Post a Comment