Sunday, May 8, 2011

Does Kaylee know what Mother's Day is?

I have wondered today what Kaylee is doing on this Mother's Day.  She is probably doing what she normally does on Sunday I would assume.  I don't know if that includes any kind of church service or not.  I wonder if she even knows what 'family' is.  I wonder if she knows about fathers and mothers.  Has she ever been in a home? Has she ever seen a 'family'?  Do the nannies talk to her about having one someday?  Does Kaylee know what a mother is?  Does she want a mother? She doesn't even know that I am thinking of her today and loving her already.  My sister-in-law writes little letters to her daughter as often as she can on her blog (see Letters to Laney below) and I think I am going to write a letter to Kaylee tonight.

Dear Kaylee,
I have not met you yet.  I have seen your picture and read what you like about life.  I have seen a baby picture, a 3 year old picture and a 4 year old picture of you.  I wish I knew you when you were a baby and at each of those ages honey.  I have been praying and thinking about adoption for many years Kaylee and God has told your daddy and I to seek to adopt you.  I am very, very excited and nothing even compares to how excited I am to adopt you! Your daddy and I are starting to learn Russian so we can talk with you and tell you that 'you are our daughter and we are taking you home' when we meet you.  You do not know us yet, but we know you!  We are praying for you!  Do you know what prayer is?  I cannot wait to tell you about God and Jesus and praying to Him!  We have so much to tell you!  You see, we are loving you and thinking about you before you even know us!  That is what God has done for us too!  God has made you.  He made your sweet little eyes and nose.  He is the one that put the very breath in your mouth and keeps your heart beating Kaylee.  He made me and your daddy too.  He loves you and knows how many nights you have been in that orphanage.  He even knows how many hairs are on your head. He knows when you have cried and when you have been hungry.  He knows all the things that have upset you and how you try to 'settle the disputes among your peers'.  He even loves you way more than we could ever even love you!  We are praying that we can get you to you in time before you go the bigger orphanage too honey! We are moving as quick as we can and guess what?!! We have many, many people around us, cheering us on, praying for us and you, loving you and giving to help bring you home.  I miss you so much today Kaylee and I cannot wait to hold you! I want to hold you and read to you and tell you ya-loo-blue-tibya....I love you! 
Love, Mommy

Lord Jesus, Keep Kaylee tonight. Hold her and love her. Help her to feel safe and loved tonight.  Give her dreams of us loving her and coming to get her Lord.  Prepare her heart for our family and prepare our family for her Lord.  Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see, so Lord tonight I am sure as I hope for Kaylee and certain as I do not have her home yet.  I trust You for the future and for bringing all the details together as we wait for the time to go to Russia and bring her home.  Thank You Father.  Amen.

4 comments:

  1. <3 I pray for my niece daily, too. Love her and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite entry yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so precious!!! Thank you so much for adding Alexander's button to your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!! Love your letter. What a gift to be able to give her one day.

    ReplyDelete