Friday, May 6, 2011

A Slow Day

Today was kind of a slow day in all things adoption-related. After the excitement of 46 puzzle piece pledges on Wednesday and Thursday, we only had a couple of pledges come in today. That's okay---God has the timing worked out. He provided exactly enough for our initial costs of the home study, passport, physicals, and puzzle. He is never late and I know he will be on time when our next bill comes up.

I think it was mostly slow because I didn't really feel like I could do anything at all today to move us closer to bringing Kaylee home. I hate waiting...I think most of us Americans do. (Try sitting in a drive through or standing in a grocery line for five minutes and tell me you don't get a little edgy...not to mention those excruciating moments when a webpage takes more than two seconds to load.) I like to be in control and it feels like things are moving when I have some work I can do to get a job done. There wasn't any work to do today. Today was a a day of sitting and waiting and praying. And that is one of the reasons God has me on this journey, I'm sure of it. My head gets the whole "Be still and know that I am God" thing, but I sure don't have such an easy time with my heart or my actions. God is teaching me how to solely rely on Him. He is the one feeding her today. He is the one protecting her from danger. He is the one making sure she has clothes to wear and a bed to sleep in. Kaylee is His daughter, first and foremost, and she will remain His daughter even when she is safe and sound under my roof. This is a hard thing to understand when you are somewhat of a control freak.

So, we sit and wait and pray. What else can you do on a slow day?

3 comments:

  1. So great to meet you today at the adoption training! Vid bless you richly as you step forward in faith on this journey with Him!

    Christie Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great meeting you guys too! Just checked out your blog...looking to add your link for Alexander over here. We will be keeping up with you guys and praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Waiting is so very difficult.

    ReplyDelete