Monday, September 19, 2011

Help Us with Our Matching Grant!

We are getting so close to traveling!  This is both an exhilarating and troubling thought.  We have set our affections on this little girl and we just cannot wait to meet her face to face.  In our hearts, this is our daughter and she is halfway across the world.  Imagine your child living without you, at the age of five, and not knowing what she is eating, how's she sleeping, if she is being cared for, etc.  You'd do whatever it takes to get to your kid and bring them home.  Knowing we could be seeing her in a matter of weeks is unbelievably exciting.  As a father, I want to protect her and it is comforting to know that I am almost in a position to do that.  However, as the adoption express hurtles forward at an increasingly rapid pace, it is scary to look at the finances we are still working on.  It feels like we have fundraised and asked and fundraised and asked some more and we are still looking at $15,000+ to be able to bring Kaylee home.  We are certainly being stretched in our faith and trust as we know we cannot complete this process without this seemingly insurmountable total.

The last month or so has been a difficult time for me.  Nothing has been happening.  The paperwork has been stalled, we haven't fundraised and things are just at a standstill.  As Alyssa can tell you, I thrive on activity...I love to work and be busy and waiting is not my forte.  I have been pretty discouraged over the lack of action, and when we found out we did not receive two grants I was as disappointed as at any other time during this process.  Yet, God knows what we need and at the right time, like the super hero that he is, He swoops in and rescues us from the pit of despair and frustration.  Alyssa came home from her adoptive moms' group with a card that contained a donation of $340 from several families!  It was truly a blessing that lifted my spirit and re-energized me.  The good news did not stop there, however.  Two days later, I received an email from Hand-in-Hand Christian Adoption informing us that they are giving us a matching grant for up to $5000!  Suddenly, my discouragement gave way to a little bit of embarressment that I had ever doubted that God would provide for us.  He has had His hand on every step of this journey and a month of waiting didn't mean that He had abandoned us.  Thank you God for reminding us of your faithfulness.

So, we are praying for $2500 in donations before October 27, 2011.  I get tired of asking everyone to support us, but I remind myself that I am asking God to move on hearts to support His agenda here.  It is God's plan to have His people care for the orphans.  It is His plan to have His people love the broken, the poor and the overlooked.  It is His plan to send His Church to the ends of the earth to make disciples.  This is His plan...we can say with confidence.  So, we are asking you guys to help us walk out God's mandate and to help give a precious little girl a loving home.  Please prayerfully consider giving or at least sharing this need and praying for God's provision. 

So, how can you give?  Please make all donations payable to "Hand in Hand Christian Adoption," postmarked by October 27, 2011.  For tax purposes, please include our name on the envelope only, not on the check.  You can send checks to:

Hand in Hand Christian Adoption
Chirch Family
18524 Juniper Street
Gardner, Kansas 66030-9147

If you do choose to give, please email me at derekchirch@comcast.net, leave a comment here or send me a message on Facebook.  We need to be able to keep up with the gifts so we know when we have reached the matching amount.

Thank you to our wonderful friends and family who continue to support us and share in our excitement.  We may be traveling in about a month!  We know that this journey is your journey too.

2 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray for you guys. Hoping to send you more soon because I believe adoption is so incredibly important. I'm going to link this post to my blog. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish that I wasn't in the same boat as your family....I have made many many promises to myself and Heavenly Father that once we are done with our adoption that we will help those that follow us. I am praying for your family too!
    Fundraising isn't easy at all but it will be all so worth it. I feel the same way that all of you do...the twins are our children and we need to go get them. We can't desert them!
    I truly wish you all the best...and that someone hears your pleas for help on behalf of this beautiful girl who wants to come home and have a mommy and daddy.
    After all, *every* child deserves this and we should all feel obligated to make this happen whether by adopting or supporting others who are willing to open their arms.
    Cynthia
    http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete